Friday 5 October 2012

Weekly Blog Project - Fancy Fold Christmas Star

Hi everyone,

Its Lyndsey here and today its my turn to provide you with some weekly inspiration. Today I have gone all christmasy and would like to show you how to make this fabulous Fancy Fold Christmas Star.


You will need


Snowflake Punch
Circle & Scalloped Circle Nesties
6mm Ribbon

Promarkers in the following colours :

Crimson, Ruby & Rose Pink
Olive, Pear Green & Lime Green
Colbalt, Sky Blue & Artic Blue
Mustard & Buttercup


*I have shown the folding on plain paper so that you can see my folds & measurements more clearly*


1. Take a piece of 6x6 paper and fold in half diagonally both ways
(make sure the paper is pattern side down)


2. Fold each corner in towards the centre point


3. Turn the paper over and make a mark on each crease line 2.5cm away from the centre point.

4. Make a cut from each edge towards the 2.5cm mark


5. Make a mark diagonally in each square
(this is for lining up purposes only)


6. Fold each edge in to create a triangle (using the mark as a lining up guide)


7. When finished your paper should now look like this

8. Repeat steps 1 -6 to create another star shape


9. Place on your workspace as shown in the picture above


10. Attach the two stars together


11. Stamp & colour image then Die Cut out using a plain circle nestie

12. Die cut a scalloped circle from coloured card and a sentiment strip

13. Punch 3 snowflakes from glittered card and add a small button to each centre

14. Layer up all items and attach to front of star

15. Finally punch a hole in the top of the star and thread with ribbon


Well I hope you enjoyed todays project, we would love to see your creations if you make one of these yourself.

Lyndsey & The Little Claire team xx





9 comments:

  1. A fabulous fancy fold Christmas star. Those geese are sooo cute with their wellies on. Thanks for sharing.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a super project Lyndsey, very clever x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, but i'm afraid beyond me, anything I have to measure is a disaster, but always impressed when others do it, great work, kate(1508)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab project and I so love those geese!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea Lynsey, lovely card. Will have to have a go at this idea, thanks for the inspiration, hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous I've already made my first star.. and I love love love it!!
    Thank you so much.

    I'm linking back to here on my Wednesday blog post.
    Hugs,
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is excellent, thanks for the clear tutorial. one I'll definitely be trying. thanks and the finished star looks super x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got here from Christine`s Blog.
    Thank you for a fantastic Tutorial will have a go at this when my Grandsons go home. Once I have mastered it that`s the kind of thing they like to do. I can see lots of "Stars" in this house soon.
    Happy Crafting

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning tree decoration .Melanie

    ReplyDelete